Tuesday, February 4, 2014

are we there yet?

 "All I have is all that is gone."

Days are long. Presence is so hard when the "other side" is just knocking on your door. It is also longing for something else, something that isn't now.  And the reality of it is that there is no "other side." Loss is forever and the other side is just a continuation of now.   But restless hearts want to know when it will feel better and how it can be fixed. While the question may be what can I do to feel better, often the answer is it to point your toes forward and look just beyond their tips and keep moving.

A song I wanted to share. It is a beautiful song about loss, about crossing a river, and the fear of never being able to get to the other side.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tTV259Iyr4w&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtTV259Iyr4w

And although I still may be asking "are we there yet?" it isn't true that all I have is all that is gone. I have much more waiting for me in the next step, in this step.

No comments:

Post a Comment