Tuesday, February 4, 2014

passenger


They told us there was a 1 in 10,000 chance of having a baby with trisomy 13. To most, this chance sounds miniscule; why even bother to think about that chance? But fate, or maybe just how the dice were rolled, decided Winnie would be that 1 out of 10,000. We got struck by lightning. Smack dab in the middle of our souls. Sometimes it helps me to think it was fate, to somehow tell myself that out of all the people around me it was me who was given these circumstances - for a reason. That in someway this makes me special; stronger, more aware of the fragility of life. But other days I can't help but ask why?

We are all just passengers in this incredible journey. We can decide what memories we cling to, whether or not to enjoy our days, what we eat, when we sleep, but ultimately we have to let go. Fate, or chance, taught me that lesson. And I continue to learn it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment