Sunday, February 16, 2014

black cat

This morning, while out for a walk, we had a black cat run in our path. Right in front of us. We couldn't help but think it was a sign for what will come to us in the future. I cringed at the thought. When will we get a break?

I know there are a lot of people out there in this world who ask themselves the same thing. I know I am not alone in this, even though most times I feel this way. Comparisons to those in my immediate circle don't help.

Truth is, I don't believe in much anymore. Signs, omens, wishes, fate, hopes. None of that really matters. What I see now, is that none of it makes any sense. That if good things happen to you, you are just damn lucky. I was damn lucky to have a beautiful and healthy baby girl 3 years ago. At the time, I had no idea how lucky I was. And still, I think most of us have trouble reminding ourselves of how lucky we are to have what we have.

The world is full of chaos, and we are all just mixed up within in. That is all. There is no sense to make of it.

So where do we go from here? We decide to take a leap into the unknown or stay grounded in acceptance. Even in acceptance, nothing is guaranteed. Nobody owes me anything, as much as I would like to believe that is true. So taking a leap doesn't mean shit. I am just a small speck within this chaos, trying to stay afloat.

No comments:

Post a Comment